Tennessee Voter ID Law
All Tennessee voters must present a State or Federally issued photo ID containing their name and photograph, whether voting early or on election day.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
· Tennessee Drivers License with a photo
· US Passport
· Dept of Saftey Photo ID
· US Military ID
· Gun Permit
· Tennessee State or Federally Issued Photo ID
What forms of ID are not acceptable?
· College Student Ids
· Bank Cards
· Store Cards
· Any Photo ID NOT Issued by the State of TN Federal Government
Who is exempt?
· Voters who Vote Absentee by Mail
· Voters Who Are Residents of a Licensed Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility and Who Vote at the Facility
· Voters Who are Hospitalized
· Voters with a Religious Objection to Being Photographed
· Voters Who Are Indigent and Unable to Obtain A Photo ID
Without Paying a Fee
What if I don't bring an acceptable Photo with me to vote?
· You may vote a Provisional Ballot and;
· After voting a Provisional Ballot you have until
two (2) business days after Election Day to bring
a proper Photo ID to the Election Commission office
and have your vote counted.
For more information: