TENNESSEE VOTER ID
All Tennessee voters must present a State or Federally issued photo ID containing their name and photograph, whether voting early or on Election Day.
What forms of ID are acceptable?
- Tennessee Drivers License with a Photo
- US Passport
- Dept of Safety Photo ID
- US Military ID
- Tennessee Gun Permit
- Any Tennessee or Federally Issued Photo ID
What forms of ID are NOT acceptable?
- College Student IDs
- Bank Cards
- Store Cards
- County or City issued ID cards
- Any Photo ID NOT issued by the State of Tennessee or the Federal Government
Who is Exempt?
- Voters who vote absentee by mail
- Voters who are residents of a licensed nursing home or assisted living facility and who live and vote at the facility
- Voters who are hospitalized
- Voters who have a religious objection to being photographed
- Voters who are indigent and cannot obtain a valid photo ID for voting with paying a fee.
What if I don't bring an acceptable Photo ID with meto vote?
- You may vote a Provisional Ballot and, after voting the Provisional Ballot, you will have two (2) business days after Election Day to bring a valid Photo ID to the Wilson County Election Commission Office at 203 East Main St Lebanon, TN during regular business hours and have your vote counted.
For more information: